Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, April 16, 2007

Huh?

So here's something interesting that I learned all about today. As few know, Kevin and I are trying to get pregnant. Well, I'm trying to get pregant, Kevin's in for the ride, he's such a trooper. Anyway, I was on the Depo Provera shot for several years. As a matter of fact, I went on the shot post partum with my daughter and she is now 7 years old. SOMEONE neglected to inform me of the consequences that I could face being on this damn shot. I know it's partly my responsiblity to ask but hey, I was 19 and a single mother. I was up for anything and it was really nice (at the time) to have have the dreaded "monthlies from Aunt Flo". I'm not saying that I wouldn't have taken the same route of birth control (I'm horrible at remembering to take pills, hence the first pregnancy) but perhaps I would not have continued the same course of action for so many years.
For a long time, we did the whole "not trying to not try to get pregnant" but after using nothing for over a years I started seeing my physician. Well, it turns out that I apparently have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which basically means there are cysts on my ovaries, hindering me from ovulating. Apparently, this also explains my intermittent acne and inability to lose that midsection weight that I hate. ( i'm super glad to be able to blame that stuff on something else) I am now on glucophage, which is typically a diabetic drug but interestingly enough, works wonders in PCOS.
So now we are no longer "not trying to not try" and officially "trying". I am very optimistic about this but at the same time wondering why it took me so long to realize my symptoms. So, here's hoping and wish us luck. (While you're at it wish us a boy because Kevin wants a boy so bad he can taste it.)

No comments: